“Medical Cannabis: What Healthcare Professionals Need to Know”
- Stephen B. Corn, MD, Harvard Medical School
- Mark A. Ware MBBS MRCP(UK) MSc, CCIC
- Meredith Fisher-Corn, MD, TheAnswerPage.com
- Marcel O. Bonn-Miller, PhD
- Dr. Jeffrey Hergenrather
- Dr. Mehta
- Dr. Michelle Sexton
* Click here to learn more about the course directors and speakers.
The use of cannabis for medical purposes is a challenging topic for many healthcare professionals. This program is intended to provide an overview of the endogenous cannabinoid system, clinical data on risks and benefits of cannabis use, and practical guidance on local regulations on authorizing cannabis use for medical purposes. The session is designed for healthcare professionals who wish to gain an understanding of this complex topic and will enable learners to access additional education opportunities following the event.
- Cannabis botany and the endocannabinoids
- Clinical uses of cannabis and practical considerations
- Risks associated with medical cannabis use
- Washington, DC and Maryland, Departments of Health focus on state law and legal issues
This symposium was created through the collaboration of:
- Canadian Consortium for the Investigation of Cannabinoids
TheAnswerPage.com is a medical education website providing medical educational content since 1998, is read in over 120 countries, and has granted well over 100,000 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™ . TheAnswerPage.com offers an industry-unique interactive crossword puzzle for an interesting and effective learning experience. In 2013, in response to the demand for quality unbiased content, TheAnswerPage launched the ongoing educational program entitled, “Medical Marijuana - Medical, Legal, Social and Political Issues.”
The Canadian Consortium for the Investigation of Cannabinoids (CCIC) is a federally registered Canadian nonprofit organization of basic and clinical researchers and health care professionals established to promote evidence-based research and education concerning the endocannabinoid system and therapeutic applications of endocannabinoid and cannabinoid agents.
Pricing for the Medical Professional Education Conference is $249.00*
*Price of conference includes up to 6 hours of continuing medical education (CME) certification at TheAnswerPage.com