This year at Unity 2015, participants can sign up to advance their education on medical marijuana. Unity 2015 will offer three educational programs on Monday March 31, 2015. These educational tracks are not included in the general conference registration. To attend please RSVP through the links below. ASA members & Unity 2015 attendees will receive 50% off the training costs.
|8:00am - 12:30pm
|Medical Professional Education
|8:30am - 12:00pm
|PFC Enrichment Courses
|1:00pm - 6:00pm
|Cannabis Extraction, Isolation & Genomic Analysis
|1:00pm - 5:00pm
|Cannabis Core Certification
Medical Professional Education
The use of cannabis for medical purposes is a challenging topic for many healthcare professionals. This program is intended to provide an overview of the endogenous cannabinoid system, clinical data on risks and benefits of cannabis use, and practical guidance on local regulations on authorizing cannabis use for medical purposes. The session is designed for healthcare professionals who wish to gain an understanding of this complex topic and will enable learners to access additional education opportunities following the event.
- Cannabis botany and the endocannabinoids
- Clinical uses of cannabis and practical considerations
- Risks associated with medical cannabis use
- Washington, DC and Maryland, Departments of Health focus on state law and legal issues
Core Cannabis Certification
The Core Cannabis Certification program is the standard in cannabis training. Designed to provide business owners, employees, and job applicants with fundamental knowledge on the subjects of cannabis law, medical application, and business operations.
Facilitated by Greta Carter (founder & chairman of Cannabis Training Institute), this 4-hour training program goes over the ASA-CTI Core Cannabis Training + Certification curriculum and is followed by a Q&A session. This training curriculum adheres to the D.C. Department of Health’s training/ certification standards mandated for ALL persons working in Washington D.C.’s medical marijuana industry (such as a cultivation facility, manufacturing site, cannabis testing laboratory, or dispensary).
The curriculum is comprised of 3 courses (a total of 10 classes, followed by a certification exam).
*Participants of Core Cannabis Certification receive discounted rate for PFC Enrichment Courses
PFC Enrichment Courses
The PFC Enrichment Courses program allows you to take targeted cannabis training to expand and deepen your understanding of Cannabis gardening, pest management and laboratory protocols. Offered as one (1) hour deep dives, participants can choose to participate in one (1) or all of the advance cannabis training.
- ASA 201: Sustainable Gardening (1 hour) 8:30 am - 9:30 am
- ASA 202: Pesticide Use and Integrated Pest Management (1 hour) 9:45 am - 10:45 am
- ASA 203: Preparing Batches and Samples for Labs (1 hour) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
*Participants of Core Cannabis Certification receive discounted rate
Cannabis Extraction, Isolation & Genomic Analysis
The purpose of this program is to provide attendees to learn about the latest and most reliable methods for analyzing different aspects of the cannabis plant. This educational track will provide a background on available techniques, as well as discuss the cutting edge of technology that is available and reliable.
The right instrument and techniques can unlock the genetic heritage of plants and help standardized complex formulations and extracts. This session is intended for people working in the medical cannabis industry, students with an interest in science, and medical and health professionals. This meeting will also provide an opportunity to meet global suppliers of consumables that are essential for cannabis laboratory operations.
- The Cannabis Genome- an exploration into link between the genetic inheritance and chemical profile of cannabis.
- Cannabis potency analysis through liquid chromatography.
- Current Trends in Cannabis extraction- learn the benefits and drawbacks of using different extraction techniques such as butane or CO2
- Sample preparation methods for analyzing samples- how to prepare complex products such as brownies, lotions, and gimmes for analysis.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) analysis of cannabis extracts. Learn about analyzing cannabis formulations with NMR, a state of the art technique that is rapidly becoming affordable for the average laboratory.