Learn latest & most reliable methods for analyzing different aspects of the cannabis plant
- Paul D. Matthews, Ph.D., Senior Research Scientist for Cannabiologics
- Mark A. Scialdone, Ph.D, Founder, President and Principal Consultant BetterChem Consulting LLC and Chief Science Officer Cannastract LLC
Melissa Wilcox, Technology Manager for Grace Discovery Sciences
Heather Despres, Lab Director at CannLabs, Inc
Ezra Pryor, Owner of Ez Chem Consultancy, Inc.
* Click here to learn more about the course directors.
The purpose of this program is to provide attendees to learn about the latest and most reliable methods for analyzing different aspects of the cannabis plant. This educational track will provide a background on available techniques, as well as discuss the cutting edge of technology that is available and reliable.
The right instrument and techniques can unlock the genetic heritage of plants and help standardized complex formulations and extracts. This session is intended for people working in the medical cannabis industry, students with an interest in science, and medical and health professionals. This meeting will also provide an opportunity to meet global suppliers of consumables that are essential for cannabis laboratory operations.
- The Cannabis Genome- an exploration into link between the genetic inheritance and chemical profile of cannabis.
- Cannabis potency analysis through liquid chromatography.
- Current Trends in Cannabis extraction- learn the benefits and drawbacks of using different extraction techniques such as butane or CO2
- Sample preparation methods for analyzing samples- how to prepare complex products such as brownies, lotions, and gimmes for analysis.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) analysis of cannabis extracts. Learn about analyzing cannabis formulations with NMR, a state of the art technique that is rapidly becoming affordable for the average laboratory.